Thursday, March 25, 2010

Finally, Keyless Entry


Ever since I changed the cabin filter I've been trying to track down a remote for the alarm system I found in tact. After hearing a lot of different comments I ended up buying the wrong 2 button remote. I then found this article on Pelican which solved all my issues and I set out for the correct three button.


I kept forgetting and losing to all the auctions on ebay for a couple of months until I came across a lot of 3 remotes for $40. One remote was going for $25-$40 so I figured I could sell the other two.


Following the directions above, I successfully got all three chips registered and operating on the remotes! Finally this shit is over! My main goal was to just use the keyless entry system but I noticed the alarm doesn't actually do anything when set off or in panic mode. The lights just flash. I switched the dip switch to horn and still nothing. I noticed there is no factory siren. Maybe if the opportunity presents itself I'll fix the rest of the alarm, but for now I'm just happy to press a button to open my car.

No comments:

Post a Comment