Tuesday, March 16, 2010

3/12/2010 California Speedway


I finished bleeding my brakes Thursday night and hit the sack hardly ready for California Speedway the next morning. Having only to go to Fontana I woke up late and left around 7:00. When I arrived I pulled in next to garage 2 just in time for the driver's meeting. BTW I have no pics to describe my time at the roval. :/


Since this was only a test and tune day there were mainly HPDE classes running. We had 5 runs which is one more than normal. My instructor was a young Ford Focus Racer. He was nice enough and I'm sure he could race, but wasn't the best instructor. After a couple passive runs in the morning I hooked up with Folton and took a ride in his e36.

I was hitting maybe 120 in the tight part of the oval, but soon felt, "how it's supposed to feel." Taking a session as a passenger in the instructors e36 m3 was seriously more work than when I was in the driver's seat.

Throughout the day I got some better lines, but the, "eager" instructor was just too much for me. I need to do my own thing and learn from my mistakes etc. Good news is he signed me off to HPDE2 which is instructor optional. This way I can decide how I feel when I go out.

The M3 is leaking oil and I even noticed coolant when I got back from the race. I'm slowly replacing every single gasket on the motor before I hit the track again. In the meantime there is some other matters to attend to. I hope to be back on the track in May.

No comments:

Post a Comment