Sunday, December 13, 2009

Bought an M3


So I bought a 1995 Cosmos M3 down in San Diego on 12/5/09. I want to keep a running blog of everything I do to the car. I paid $5800 for the car which I thought was fair considering it was in pretty decent shape for being 15 years old and having 136k miles. A lot of the typical things that go wrong with e36's need attention, but things like the coolant system, struts and other bits and pieces have already been taken care of from the previous owner. A/C works all the electronics work, everything works and it has Vaders! I wasn't going to buy an m3 without those seats. Now I just have to tackle all the little annoyances and maintenance that is probably long overdue is some departments.

Story is, I went down to check out an e28 some guy wanted $6k for. I figured there is no way this thing is worth that much so I took out $4800 cash from the bank to go see it. Long story short, he had resprayed it and it no longer looked that good to me. He thought it did. I had this cash burning a hole in my pocket. I looked up 1995 m3s on my iphone and came across one that was $6500. I went to go check it out. It was getting late, I went with my gut, borrowed a G from Jin and bought the car on the spot. Here are some photos from the for sale ad.












No comments:

Post a Comment