Thursday, April 10, 2014

I'm back. So I bet you're wondering. How can I ruin my car and render it immobile for 16 months on jack stands?? I can show you how.

So it's been a little while. But I have 500 photos of a complete transformation of my car. I guess we'll just start in chronological order from where I dropped off.


For the record my 1995 M3 has 149k miles on it when the work started. I knew all the rear bushing were stock and probably in bad shape. The car had been giving me a lot of rear end play and it was starting to get really sketchy on the track. I knew the RTABs were gone, but I didn't just replace those.


I also knew the H&R Race springs, Bilstein sport shock setup was limiting me on the track and had to go. Fine for the street, but not a real setup. Other areas of attention were brake cooling, driveshaft, diff and subframe refresh to name a few.

So stay tuned to my version of the, "totally rebuild everything back there," mod that you see all over the forums.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Looks like you’ve had a lot of work these days, Pink. Good thing you were knowledgeable of setting up a car and its complete renovation. I’ve been browsing your posts, and saw that you’ve been progressing a great deal on that project. Anyway, I look forward for the final results, if you haven’t finished that already. Cheers!

Byron Walters @ Bob Dunn Subaru

Pink said...

Thanks Byron! I don't think it's ever "finished." There are a few more posts to complete including some track time and also a tons of parts that haven't gone in the car yet. Never ending project!

Post a Comment