Friday, March 29, 2013

Getting Back to Business

Alright, so it's been awhile. For those of you who know me, you know we had a little duder come into our lives last year on June 1st. West Lee Pinkerton has brought tons of joy and pride to our lives and a lot less sleep. Needless to say priorities change prior to and after such life changing events!


So first things first of course include fashioning an ///M onesie and a 5pt harness. But before this becomes a baby blog, other happenings of 2012 included a new job at Honda R&D doing visualization design within the styling department. A goal of mine since studying transportation design focusing on animation and visualization at the Art Center in Pasadena.


I sold the e28 and made room for a 2012 Honda CR-V. I know, blasphemous. Here's a link to the for sale photos of the e28. I'm not going to back date the blog with the happenings of that car since there is just too much and I want to stay focused on the M3.


But to summarize what didn't make it in the blog, I found a set of new comfort seats, installed a dash, wired up some audio goodness, replaced the antenna 3 times including the factory wiring which was gone, changed some P/S hoses, got it detailed and sold it to a nice man in San Diego. It currently has euro bumpers. I couldn't be happier. It was a cool car, but not the time for it.


Same could be said about the M3! But there is too much invested to stop now. We're getting used to the routine with West and I've been able to dedicate a few weekends here and there to getting the M3 back to where it should be. It took a back seat and has been sitting for the most part. I'll be updating the next few posts with some of the more major items that happened in 2012.


There's going to be a lot of overhauling happening in 2013 including a complete rear suspension overhaul which I've naively just started the other day. (gulp)

No comments:

Post a Comment