Monday, October 25, 2010

Big Baller. New Stance, New Shoes.


So here is how the car sits now with the H&R race springs installed. I believe the car is flat and lowered evenly, but the rear just looks lower than the front. That's my only beef with the look. I'm pretty sure that the rear oblong flare of the e36 just looks like that, but if it were me and I had coil-overs, I would create a little more rake.



After that I threw on the style 197 wheels I picked up a couple months ago. Since every kid out here in socal sells the stock wheels off their lease car that daddy paid for, I was able to get these relatively on the cheap. They're made by BBS 18x8 F 18x8.5 R with the correct offset for the 3-series. I'm not one usually to run modern style wheels on an older car, but for the look, price, size and something that hasn't been played to death I had to go for it.




I didn't have the time or means to get a photo shoot going on, but you get the idea. I'm pretty happy with the look. It's for sure more of a baller setup than anything performance related. The rims and run-flats are much heavier. It's really just a rim for cruising. Definitely an upgrade from my curbed up DS1s!

No comments:

Post a Comment