Sunday, October 17, 2010

Fog Light How-To


So one of my fog lights died. I figured, this will be easy. What was I thinking? This is a German car. Whatever solution they decided for the fog lights will be ingenious and simple, but not obvious. I had to consult the bentley.

There is apparently a little tab you can depress through the grill or brake duct, depending on e36 model, that releases the fog light. After that you can replace the bulb. That's it. I was pulling from behind. Trying all sorts of wrong ideas.

I thought that was pretty cool. In the end it was a very simple and easy way to remove light, just not totally intuitive.






1 comment:

Strobels Supply Inc said...

Informative tutorial on amber fog lights installation and maintenance on M3Pink blog. The clear instructions are helpful for DIY enthusiasts.

Post a Comment