Friday, May 21, 2010

Rounded out the set, 2 more INVOs


I picked up two more Nitto INVOs to replace the Sumitomo HTRs that were on the back a couple weeks ago. I found a pretty low price at onlinetires.com, printed it out and took it to America's Tire in Pasadena. They matched the price without even really looking at what I printed out. The tires were a week late so they knocked off another $25. All in all I got everything mounted balanced and paid for at under $250 for (2) 245/40/17.

While the wheels were off I checked out the rebuilt caliper I had replaced from earlier. The clearcoat over raw metal is still holding up! I stand by this way to protect the calipers from rusting if you want to leave them silver and not paint them a different color.

I had them rotate the older INVOs to the back and run the new tread on the front. Besides the two track days the older tires have about 1500 miles on them. Too bad the track days count for about 6000 regular miles. Either way I have those crappy Sumitomos off of there and have a full set of 4 matching tires. Yay!

1 comment:

Glenn Hannan said...

Great blog. All posts have something to learn. Your work is very good and i appreciate you and hopping for some more informative posts. Low Price Auto Glass Dallas TX

Post a Comment