Thursday, April 22, 2010

Fuel Injector Cleaning from Osidetiger FICS

I picked up a set of pink 2.15# injectors off of bfc for pretty cheap and decided to have them cleaned. I felt like I was having injector problems and the last thing I wanted to do was throw in some old injectors from some mystery garage floor.

I checked out RC and Osidetiger FICS. It seemed like the same thing. Clean them up and print me out a sheet of before and after. Only RC charged $24/injector and OSFICs only charged $18/injector. Plus they were in San Bernardino and got the injectors back to me within 2 days.

Here's a picture of the injectors I got off the forum. The seller said they had 90k miles on them. Oh well who cares, who knows. I was going to send them off to be sure.

One of the benefits of OSFICS was the polishing! Check out those bad boys! They came in a vacuum sealed package. I opened them up the following week when I installed them.


They did the cleaning service and replaced the basket filters, o-rings, snap ring and pintle caps. The pintle caps are the "BMW" finned style so no need to worry there.

The print out is a nice piece of reassurance. I guess a couple of the injectors preformed at "poor" or "average." This was good to see the before and after results of the cleaning. Overall I was pleased and would do it again.


*After installing the injectors I noticed some idle and drivability issues have resolved. Also at idle every 3 seconds the motor would quickly "puff." The exhaust would change slightly like a small interruption. This is gone now and I blame a leaky injector.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Great idea, i never thought of buying used fuel injectors, you can get them for a very less price and clean them properly.

Unknown said...

Fuel injection is the introduction of fuel in an internal combustion engine, most commonly automotive engines, by the means of an injector.
bosch fuel injectors
pte fuel injectors
Siemens Deka fuel injectors
Marantz fuel injectors
tre fuel injectors
rc fuel injectors
ford racing injectors
fic fuel injectors
accel fuel injectors

Emly Mia said...

Hi There,
Thank you for sharing knowledgeable blog with us i hope that you will post many more blog with us :)
We can buy best automated Diesel Fuel Injector Pump, System Repair,Fuel Injection,
Click here for more information:- http://www.tomdiesel.co.zw/

Emly Mia said...

Hi There,
Thank you for sharing knowledgeable blog with us i hope that you will post many more blog with us :)
We provides best services online As Like Diesel Fuel Injector Pump System Repair,Fuel Injection Tester,

Contact Us:-
Tell: +1(209) 509-4978
Email: sales@MMjsupermarket.org



READ MORE....

Post a Comment